History of the plant

The plant appeared from a small gang “Krasnymetallist”, which was created in April  1946.

Right after war people began to improve their mode of life. There was a lack of all necessary things for life, all domestic services.

Small gang produced simple items, and also offered many domestic services: produced “galoshi”, nails, vulcanized cameras for automobiles, motorcycles, bicycles,  repaired watches, typewriters, produced metal tanks for 3-5 tons of liquid fuel, poured aluminum pots, produced metal beds. 

In 1950 the number of gang’s members was 40, all of them were real masters.

In 1951 the gang had got the first lathe machine. A small forge was equipped.

In 1952 the gang specialized on producing aluminum pots. In 1954 a year volume of their production was 70 tons.

The members of the gang didn’t stop on their progress and continued working successfully, overfullfilling  their plan.

In the development of a new production the gang began working more profitably. New means for establishing new productive and administrational buildings appeared.   To the end of 1955 on new areas of the gang the first cast house began functioning, that specialized on producing of stove iron cast.

    In the new housing of mechanoerectingworkshop the gang began to produce beds, even nickel-plated and also metal sledges.

    On the 31 of December 1955 according to the order of a Minister of machine-building and instrumental industry of USSR on the gang’s basis the plant of machine tools was established.

The first director of the plant was Astreiko Semen Semenovich. Fisrt he directed the gang and then the plant from 1953 to 1961.

The main mission of our country that time was to cure the after-war wounds and to provide the growth of people’s material welfare on the basis of the industrial development.

Machine-tool building became more and more important, and production of metal-cutting machines in particular.

For their equipping technological equipment was needed: machine vice, rotating tables, lathe chucks. The task to master these elements was given to Baranovichi Plant of Machine Tools.

Structural and technological documentation as well as equipment were delivered to Leningrad plant of machine appliances. Some of the machinists were taught in    Leningrad, the rest – learned during the process of work.

The goals of the personnel were very serious. In three month they were to master the production of vice machines П7-4. And in the next three month – to master the production of one more model of vice – П6-Г1, and to the end of 1956 – rotating table П6-61.

To “master” meant to do installations and settings of 50 elements of technological equipment with further getting assorted details according to the structural and technological documentation.

The personnel of the plant achieved that goal successfully.

In 1957 the plant started to produce a new model – pneumatic vice 7П6-137.

While mastering new production, the old ones were out of production. In the second half of 1956 all of old items were out of production.

In 1957 the personnel of the plant did their best to improve technological process and to expand industrial capacity. The production of vice П7-4 increased in two times in comparison with 1956, rotating tables – in more than ten times. The plant’s personnel consisted of 320 members, the industrial areas expanded considerably. The machine technological park grew to 100 items.

There were the preparations to mastering of new kinds of products taking into consideration the demand of national economy. The technological characteristics of already mastered products improved.

The plant was still growing. The new industrial housing was built, where there was an instrumental department. A bit later the housing for the second mechanized department of 720 square meters was being built.

The necessity of specialization of industrial departments appeared. In the first mechanized department there was a production of lathe machines, and in the second –a production of rotating tables.

That specialization helped to increase the amount of the produced items and to improve its quality.

In 1960 new kinds of products began to be mastered. Vice ТП-4with the jaw’s width of 320 mm with reinforced base were mastered, that used for integration into big shaping-machines that were produced on Gomel machine-building plant named after S. Kirov.

The mastering of vice of that very model was the end of the first stage in the development of the plant.

The second stage started in 1961 when the plant began to improve their production in a more profound way,  replacing all old items by new kinds of modern level.

 The plant began to collaborate with Experimental scientific institute of metal-cutting machines. Plant’s engineers together with the specialists from that institute created a number of hydraulic vice. And together with the specialists from All-union planning and technological institute – they created the number of handle and mechanized rotating tables,  that consisted of four standard sizes. The peculiarity of a new construction – was high sensibility, reliability and long term of work.

In a very short time experimental models were tested and put into production.

In that time the director of the plant was LarinFedorDenisovich, and from the middle of 1962 – Solovyov Vladimir Sergeevich, who was on this position till 1967.

In 1960 a Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus passed the decree about the plant’s reconstruction. The main aim of the reconstruction was a production of modern technological equipment, increasing the volumes of the production and employment of the growing city population.

In 1963 new housing of six thousand square meters began to function.

New industrial areas were mastered in a very short time. As a result – the production increased in three times.

In order to satisfy the demands of the country in universal equipment, the second reconstruction was to extend the areas on 24 thousand square meters.

With the growth of the industrial areas and the amount of technological equipment there appeared a need to pull out new supporting services: ОГМ, instrumental workshop, etc.

So, in 1974 the third stage of reconstruction began – the building of the department of supporting workshops.

Besides, without stopping the production of items there was a reconstruction of the housing of 6 square meters that began functioning from 1963.

The plant’s canteen, buffet, medical cabinet, library, shower, cloak-rooms were reconstructed.

All these reconstructions were held from 1968 till 1975.

Thanks to the efforts of the directors and all the personnel the plant was made into a large modern manufacture.

Technological services began to develop, the plant created engineering-technological laboratory in which experimental patterns were produced and tested.

Tests of the production on reliability and durability were carried out.

The first industrial lots of products was produced.

Five production lines of mechanized handling, automatic lines of oxidation and nickel-planting were organized in the workshops. The department of rough handling of    elements was established, that gave the opportunity to concentrate the main amount of iron shaving in this department and, as a result, to raise the producing culture in the main workshops, where the elements were passed for further handling. It considerably improved the conditions of using the technical equipment in the main workshops.

The creation of the department of high-precision machines dated back to that period.

The amount of technological equipment raised from 480 in 1971 to 670 in 1974. 44 special and 162 proprietary metal-cutting machines, 28 high-producing equipment and 7 metal-cutting machines of high sensibility were implemented.

Two vertical elevator storehouses for keeping instruments and equipment, three vertical storehouses with using stacker-cranes for procurements and ready elements were installed.

In thermal workshop semi-automatic machine for hardening elements in salty bathtubs, vibratory installation for removal of burrs were produced and installed and high-frequent installment for hardening of instruments in salty bathtubs was implemented.

In mechanized workshops the roller conveyers for interoperational removals of elements were installed.

In the assembly workshop the conveyer for vice assembling was implemented.

This is not the full list of activities that were realized by the plant’s personnel in the period of 1968-1975 years.

In the Head management “Soyuzosnastka” МСиИП, where the plant was included according to subordination – it is the model plant with all the repartitions, flexible technologies, wide list of machine equipment.

In 1975 the plant produced and sold 98,6 thousand vice, 17,1 rotating tables, 23,4 mechanized chucks. It seemed that the demand for these production would be endless.

But some part of the equipment that was purchased in the years of plant’s development had already worked for it and needed to be changed.

The analysis of the plant’s condition and the perspectives of development determined three main directions that fully reflected technological policy of the plant:

1.  Improvement of the existing technological processes and implementation of new ones

2.  Renewal of technological equipment

3.  Reconstruction of the plant

Here are some of new technological processes that were implemented on that period:

  • Implementation of glossy electrodeposits instead of mat ones, thatexcluded the necessity of element’s polishing for making them more attractive. The manual work for polishing was excluded.
  • Implementation of noncorrosive element’s heating instead of usual heating on air. This method of heating was used for metal-cutting machines and later for vice and elements of lathe mechanized chucks.
  • Implementation of diamond grinding and lapping of cutting instrument instead of abrasive ones that allowed to raise proofness of cutting instruments, sensibility and frequency of surfaces of handled elements.
  • Implementation of method of plastic deformation instead of grinding that allowed to reducelabour coefficient in getting accurate holes and cost price of the product in general.
  • Implementation of workpieces’ felling in stamps and abrasive cutting instead of circular segment saws.
  • Stamping of mechanized chucks became electrochemical.
  • Multipurpose assembly facilities became widely used.

Improving technological processes, during that period 425 progressive kinds of equipment were implemented. These are multipiece attachments instead of singlepiece ones, that is a special clamp equipment, pneumatic vice, mechanized chucks, multispindle drilling ends.

To 1975 metal-handling equipment of mechanized-assembling workshops was equipped with fast-speed attachments that allowed to raiselabour productivity of the machines.

In 1975 2-3 machines were handled by 128 workers. The specific gravity of all technical standards was 62,7% in 1975.

The main milestones in work of the plant’s personnel as well as for all soviet people, was 5-year plan.

The years of the ninth 5-year plan (1970-1975) became a good basement for realization of national economic plan of the tenth 5-year plan.

National economic plans, as a rule, were announced on the congress of Communistic Party of Soviet Union. The fifteenth congress determined the direction of the national economic for the further raising of the efficiency and quality of the production.

During the tenth 5-year plan the following elements were worked out and developed in the serial production:

  • electromechanical ends of instrument’s clamp 7921-0001.
  • the range of machine vice with both manual and mechanized actuators with the system of grooves for installing of reconfigurable elements of modular attachments. This range  includes vice with jaw’s width of 125,160,200 and 250 mm.
  • rotating tables 7204-0004 and 7204-0023-01.
  • tables 7205-4003 and 7205-4002 with the possibility to install on the plane parallel and perpendicular rotating axis of chuck plate.
  • Chucks model ПЗК

 70 old metal-handling equipment and 6 machines with numeral software were replaced by new ones.

 The administration carried out work on mobilization of the plant’s personnel for the successful realization of the tenth 5-year plan.

 Re-equipment of the industry in the tenth 5-year plan allowed to raise the amount of the production on 158% in comparison with the amount of the ninth 5-year plan.

 At the end of the tenth 5-year plan, in 1979, Yakimchik Eduard Stanislavovich became the director of the plant.

 Those were the years of re-equipment of the plant on the basement of the most modern technics – machines with numerical software.

1975-1985 were the years of the raise of machine-building. Machine-building plants of the Soviet Union began to produce machines with numerical software. The    leader in the Soviet machine-building Moscow “Krasnyproletary” organized a conveyer for producing lathe machines with numerical software.

The integration of lathe machines with numerical software was entrusted to out plant. The reliability of the machines depended on the reliability and sensibility of elements that we were supplied with.

For more efficient way of solving all problems connected with the conveyer our plant entered the union “Krasnyproletary”.

During some years the amount of the delivery to “Krasnyproletary” was 3 % from total amount of plant’s production.

The following consumers of the machine equipment also began to use machines with numerical software: Gorkov, Dmitrov, Sterlitamaksk, Votkinsk, Ryazan, Sasovsk, Khabarovsk, Gomel, Molodechno machine plants.   All of them needed machine equipment for integration.

The first 2 machines with numerical software were mastered by plant’s specialists in 1978, and to the end of 1985 48 such machines functioned on the plant, including 2 handling centers.

Organization of work on exploitation and serving of that equipment was taken from “Krasnyproletary”.

In order to accelerate the development of the production of unified range of high-performance mechanized machine equipment, according to the order of the Minister of machine-building and instrumental industry of USSR № 549 (from September, 18, 1980)  the design and technology department  of machine equipment was organized on the plant.

The aims of that department were:

  • development of technical projects and working drawings on mechanized machine equipment, including the equipment with numerical software
  • realization of author’s supervision of producing experimental elements as well as first industrial series.
  • Carrying out work in the sphere of unification and standardization of machine equipment

Design and technological laboratory was subordinated to the department, where new production as well as already produced was tested for reliability and durability.    The laboratory was equipped with special stands that were projected in the department and produced right in the laboratory.

The department was working permanently on creation of new products.

The construction of pneumohydraulic vice without separate pneumohydraulic booster was engineered. Before that moment pneumohydraulic booster was produced as a separate item. New vice were 1.5 time lighter and cheaper than the previous model.

For widening technological possibilities of the machines with numerical software our department engineered and mastered a range of rapid-adjusting universal chucks ПЗКУ. They are used for fixing spindles on machines during handling or cartridges and bushes during centering in jaws.

For integration of lathe automatic machines of Kiev, Ghitomir, Berdichev machine plants a range of three-jawed chucks was engineered.

They were used for installation in lathe multi-spindled automatic and semi-automatic machines. They also can be used for universal machines in mass production.

New construction of electromechanical clamp instrument for milling and boring machines was engineered and mastered. New mechanism was on 6 kilos lighter than the previous one. Only some of engineering are mentioned here.

In 1981-1985 the personnel of the plant worked hard to fulfill the plan of the technological development of the production, the plan of the development of science and technics, carried out all the tasks for reaching economical effect from the implementation of new technics and modern experience.

During the eleventh 5-year plan 15 absolutely new technological processes were implemented on the plant: friction-weld, aluminum casting under the pressure, electrodeposit of measuring tool, etc.

Plant’sspecialistsworktoreducehandlabour. The work of almost 100 workers was mechanized.

Among implemented measures were: mechanization of normal storehouse, stand for integration of lathe chucks, fitting-out of technological equipment by active control.

In 1981-1985 each year 6-7 machines with numerical software were purchased and used.

In 1985 the program “Intensification” began to develop on the plant. It aimed the personnel for further technical re-equipment. The task was to get and begin using 74 items of technological equipment. Those were mainly machines with numerical software and few special machines.

According to the “Intensification” the creation of flexible industrial system began. It was used for handling multi-positioned instrumental disks, that were integrated in lathe machines with numerical software of “Krasnyproletary”, Gomel plant of machine units, Middle Volga machine plant.

Availability of manufacturing centers on the plant allowed us to accept the order of Minsk tractor plant about handling of reducer’s framework of front axle of tractors and, in such a way, to load expensive equipment, keep qualified operators, provide the amount of production that was demanded (when the demand for universal machine equipment reduced considerably).

Today the personnel of the plant has 126 machines with numerical software, including 24 with manufacturing centers.

The most difficult time for the plant’s personnel was the period of 80-s and 90-s of the previous millennium – the years of “perestroika”.

In that period all the industrial links were destroyed. Before the disintegration of Soviet Union the plant’s production traditionally was delivered to machine-building plants of Russian Federation, Baltics, Ukraine, Georgia and only a small part of it was used for integration of metal-cutting machines, that were produced by the machine plants of the Republic of Belarus.

In March 1994 privatization committee sent a resolution to Ministry of management of state property about the reasonability of transforming of “Baranovichi plant of machine appliances” into public corporation.

According to the resolution №89 from March, 31 1994 of Ministry of property the Public Corporation “Baranovichi Plant of Machine Appliences” appeared.

It was important to choose the most correct strategy of development and keep all specialists: workers, engineers, managers.

On the eighth of December, 2000 KhrenovskyVyacheslavSergeevich became the director of the plant.

In recent years the management of the plant entered into cooperation with Minsk tractor plant, Minsk automobile plant. Our plant got the order to produce a large number of units and elements for automobile and tractor technic.

    The availability of machines with numerical software, including manufacturing centers and professional specialists allowed to carry out work of any complexity. In these years the following elements were mastered:

  • reducer of angular steering control of a bus
  • pneumatic rotating cylinder ЦПВ-250, ЦПВ-250П, ПВ-200
  • furniture supporting arm ФБ1346-00-00
  • a range of iron vice – 8 models
  • quick-split muff for hydrosystems of tractor “Belarus”
  • chucks for different purposes – 6 models
  • muff for switching on a ventilator of a bus
  • support for integration of lathe machines
  • tool carrier – 6 models
  • diskШНКФfor tractor’s fuel pump
  • milling table 61П-17-000
  • viceТ-180Б
  • street light
  • viceТ-1160У
  • framework of thermostat 260-130Б058
  • cartridge 502
  • supporting arm 501
  • viceТСМ-125Б, ТСМ-140 elements for integration of reducer of front axle and steering control of tractor “Belarus”

This is not a full list of production that was mastered in 1994-2005.

 In all periods of plant’s development a special attention has been paid to the quality of the items produced.

In the distant 1972 vice model 7200-0205 was given State Quality mark. That was the first product of machine-building industry in Baranovichi that got such a high merit rating. In 1980 a personnel of the plant produced 43% of all production that had a State Quality mark.

A big role in solving the problems of quality of the production was played by organization of service of state acceptance of the production, that was a subdivision of State Standard.

 In 1976 a development of Complex system of management of quality of the  production began.

The next step was to develop a system of providing quality in accordance to the requirements of international standards 9000.

1992-2000 were the years of improving of the system of quality. In December 1998 the management of the plant decided to prepare for certification in 1999 a production of machine vice, metalwork’s vice, rotating tables, mechanized and manual chucks according to requirements of МСИСО9001 in version of 1991.

In December 2000, the plant got a Certificate of conformity №BY/11205.0.0.0064, that certified that the system of quality of designing and engineering of machine vice, lathe manual and mechanized chucks, rotating tables, quick-split muffs and locking devices, as well as rotating clamp cylinders were up to a quality of СТБИСО9001-96.

In 2009 the system of quality was certified on the conforming to the requirements of a standard СТБИСО9001-2009.

The plant has got its own testing laboratory, accredited on technical competence and a right to test items produced. A recurring accreditation of the laboratory on confirming to international standard ИСО/МЭК17025was held on the 22of December, 2007.

In 2003 the plant took part in contest on getting a Prize of Brest executing committee for achievements in the field of quality. Commission of region executive committee was carrying out experiments on the plant and estimated the plant’s production according to the requirements of quality.

According to the results of the contest the plant was given a winner diploma and got a Prize of Brest Region executive committee for achieved results in the field of quality and implementation of highly effective methods of quality management.

In August 2004 the plant participated in contest “Best Products of the Republic of Belarus” in nomination “Production of engineering and technological purpose”. In accordance to the decision of a special commission, a Committee of standardization, metrology and certification under the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus approved the plant as a laureate of the contest and gave a diploma.

In September 2005 the plant took part in competition “Best production of the Republic of Belarus on the Russian Federation’s market” in nomination “Production of engineering and technological purpose”. In accordance to the decision of special commission, a Committee of standardization, metrology and certification under the    Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus approved the plant as a laureate of the contest and gave a diploma.

The plant has good conditions of work and rest for personnel. The plant has a hostel on 320 people. The workers can use canteen, library and medical room. There are sport sections. For having a rest and sport competitions the trips to the tourist base “Beryozka” are organized.

The main parts of a successful work of the plant are – modern structure of management, constant improving of industrial powers, permanent improving of produced items. A combination of highly professional stuff and flexible technological base of production allows the plant to renew a range of products more rapidly, improve its quality and operating characteristics, that, in its turn, helps to compete with foreign analogues.

The main principles of our work during the existence of the plant are still the same: traditions, quality and reliability.

© 2012 - 2013  JSC «Baranovichi  Machine Tool Acsessories Plant»
 
Belarus, Brest region,
225411,Baranovichi,
Proletarskayastreet, 40
                            

Sales team: +375 (163)58-37-88

+375 (163) 58-37-62

Fax: +375 (163)58-37-68

E-mail: bzsp-omip@mail.ru

Ministry of Industry of the Republic Created by ABIATEC